Spellbinders Nuts and Bolts....

I'm taking a break today from all the pretty flower and bloom cards I love to make, and heading to the other end of the spectrum.  Something a little more masculine.  


Spellbinders sent me some more dies to play with and one of the sets was this Die D-Lites Bolts & Nuts Etched Dies set!

As soon as I opened the mailer packet and saw these dies, I knew exactly how I wanted to use them!  With silver foil cardstock, of course!  And once I started die cutting, I kind of couldn't stop!


Then the really fun part began...thinking up the puns to go along with the various shapes!  When I had decided on the sentiments I wanted to use, I typed them into a text box in Word, and messed around with different fonts until I was happy with them.  Printing on the lined paper was easy enough, and really, printing on the wood veneer was not any more difficult.  When you think about it...what IS paper, but just really thin sheets of wood!?


I ran a piece of the silver foil card stock through the Big Shot with an embossing folder and with all that shimmer and shine, I decided it was all these cards needed.  I love that while you might automatically think of these shapes as masculine, that they can work just as well for a feminine card, depending on what you want the card to say.  

(I need to point out, that where the silver foil looks more like copper, or even pink(!?) in the photos, its actually the shirt I was wearing while photographing, reflecting in the metal!)


Thank you to Spellbinders for sending me this product to create with, and thank you for stopping by today!


SaveSave

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts