Big hugs....

Hello again!  I'm back today with some cards that I created and posted on Butterfly Reflections Ink blog.

I recently received a rather large order from the BRI store (still not sure how that happened ;-D) and I'm warning you now, there's a lot of floral coming your way and I'm not even mad about it!!

For today's cards, I used the Altenew stamp set - Forever & Always.  It has two gorgeous floral stamps as well as a broad selection of beautiful sentiments.  I also wanted to try the "hidden sentiment" technique where the letters are die cut from the design but then popped up with black craft foam to allow it to stand out.



For the card above, I stamped and colored the whole design, using Kuretake Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers, and a water brush to blend, and then die cut the word HUGS from that, using the MFT Die-Namics Big Hugs die.  The "To You" sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy die set.


For this card, I wanted a plainer look with the background left uncolored and the HUGS letters randomly colored to set it apart from the background.  The "Sending Handmade" sentiment is from the MFT - Lots of Hugs stamp set.


Both cards are finished with some ink splatters using up the remaining ink spread on my craft mat, and then some clear acrylic dots.


Thanks for stopping by today!






Comments

Popular Posts